EULAR Translational Research Support
The EULAR Translational Research Support offers a range of services and resources for investigators to develop and execute high-quality translational research focused on rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs). Translational Research is defined here as research using patient/human materials (e.g., cells, serum, tissue) or dedicated animal models of RMDs to address bedside-to-bench research questions.
Study design and protocol development
Validate results, sensitivity analysis, effect size calculations, use of controls and independent cohorts, generalizability, biostatistical analysis approaches, standards of reporting
Access to patient/human materials
Advise on identifying centres and their respective principal investigators, suggestion of potential collaborators, advice on exchange of materials, including standard procedures for transfer between centers and ethical review
Access to methods/technologies to perform translational science-related analyses (e.g., biomarker testing)
Identify potential collaborators/technology hubs that could help with accessing/conducting material analyses, advice on selection of specific technologies for the research question
Acknowledgment of EULAR Research Support
All publications and projects resulting from the utilization of the EULAR Research Consultation Service are required to credit EULAR.
- If the project was supported by one or more EULAR consultants and you would like to acknowledge them by name in the manuscript, please request their permission.
- Citation language: "We thank [Name of consultant] who supported the study in [his/her] role as a consultant for the Research Consultation Service offered through the European Alliance of Associations for Rheumatology (EULAR). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of EULAR."
Questions: Please contact email@example.com.
The service will be available to investigators who are currently residing and working in EULAR-affiliated countries. Support will be limited to 2 annual projects per investigator per calendar year.
- The service is free for the first two years after launch. Early adopters are expected to provide feedback to improve the service offerings.
- After the pilot pase, a graded fee system will be introduced, including free initial consultation services, that will be continued for modest fee recovery, lined pro-rata to the amount of consultation service utilised.
Participation of Patient Research Partners
It is highly desirable that patient research partners will be involved in any projects that EULAR will support.
Diversity and Inclusiveness Statement
EULAR welcomes applications from a diverse pool of highly talented scientists with diverse backgrounds in EULAR-affiliated countries. Individuals from racial and ethnic groups that may be underrepresented in RMD research are encouraged to apply.
This EULAR Consulation Service is part of a series of efforts to broaden research access and build capacity across every facet of the European scientific research enterprise—from basic laboratory research to clinical and translational research to policy formation. The Research Centre seeks to build the intellectual depth, research subject expertise, creativity and a wide range of skill sets and viewpoints that can furnish these ambitions.
The Consultants will hold in strict confidence all information, which he/she knows or should know that it is confidential. In particular, the Consultant will hold all information relating to the requestor’s research project in strict confidence, except instructed otherwise by the researcher in writing (e-mail is sufficient). This undertaking shall continue to be in force for a duration of 3 years after the termination of the Consultation Service agreement.
EULAR expects a high standard in the conduct of research it supports. For researchers this includes scientific integrity and adherence to the principles of good research practice. Patients subjected to investigation shall be included with due adherence to the declaration of Helsinki.
Terms and Conditions
During the 2-year pilot phase, the Research support will be free to investigators from EULAR-affiliated countries as defined above. Support will be limited to 2 annual projects per investigator.
Sign up to the EULAR Research Newsletter
To keep up to date with EULAR and developments around the EULAR Research Centre, sign up to receive the Newsletter here.
The EULAR Research Consultation Service
How does it work and what can you get?
Related news stories
- EULAR launches new service to provide expert research advice for translational science investigators across Europe
- EULAR Launches Consultation Service to Provide Expert Research Advice for Investigators in EULAR-Affiliated Countries
- EULAR Launches Virtual Research Centre
EULAR Research Interview Series
Contact the Research team at firstname.lastname@example.org